From September 2014, all maintained schools and academies have a legal obligation to publish an annually reviewed Special Educational Needs Information Report. The purpose of this report is to give information about how the school implements the Special Educational Needs Policy.
The kinds of Special Educational Needs which are provided for in our school:
As an inclusive school we do not seek to closely define the special educational needs for which we will make provision. We support a range of different needs including:
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Physical needs, including dyspraxia
- Medical needs impacting on learning and development
- Significant speech delay
- Significant global delay
In admitting pupils with special educational needs we would expect to have informative discussions with both the pupil’s family and the local authority (who maintain our admissions) to ascertain the suitability of our provision. Initially, we will take on the responsibility to make provision for a pupil with special educational needs through the school’s devolved SEND budget. Thereafter, we would apply for High Needs Funding if the pupil’s and the school’s needs make that a necessity. As a mainstream school, it would clearly be difficult for us to make provision for pupils whose needs and/or demands are significant, severe or profound (to the extent that it could be argued that they would be most appropriately placed in a special school). In such cases, we would make a careful assessment of the needs of each pupil in constructive conversation with other agencies.
Our school's policies for:
- Identifying children and young people with SEND and assessing their needs
- Our school’s arrangements for assessing and reviewing children and young people’s progress towards outcomes.
- Our approach to teaching children and young people with SEND
- How adaptations are made to the curriculum and learning environment of children and young people with SEND
- How our school evaluates the effectiveness of its provision for children and young people with SEND.
Full information about SEND Information can be found by downloading the full report on this page.
To find out more about the Local Offer on the Northamptonshire County Council page, please click here.